Thursday, August 12, 2010

Moving out

Sister update: Teresa made it safely to Nashville Wednesday afternoon, after a 3-hour delay of her flight from Memphis to Nashville.

My update:

I received my formal letter of acceptance and welcome to the Seminary in Boston. It outlines what to bring and what to expect upon entrance.

I am to bring clothing (business casual dress is expected for all public activities; a uniform formal look is prescribed for sundays; season-appropriate clothing is specifically recommended), school/office supplies, my violin, and some spending money to cover personal items and the infrequent excursion.

The Oblates also ask that seminarians contribute to the cost of their schooling during Postulancy (the first two years), at $3,500 per semester, to a total of $14,000 over that time. In order to assist my family and I in covering this expense, we welcome any donations you may be able to contribute; please contact me directly by email at lilmax88@gmail.com.

I am presently working on consolidating my personal belongings at home, for long-term storage, and planning how to pack what I will bring. I will be coming home for the summers of 2011 and 2012, and maybe the Christmas break both years, as well, so I will need access to a lot of the things that I am currently using for work.

Now it's off to the Holy Hour for Vocations at St. Peter Chanel!


Love the Immaculata!

No comments: