Monday, August 23, 2010

Arrival

I have arrived in Boston! Fr. Jeremy and Br. Jerry came to pick me up from the airport. My flight left at 9:20pm from Long Beach, arrived in Washington, D.C. just after 5am local time, and my flight was already scheduled an hour later due to a late departure of the inbound plane from Oakland, CA. We finally departed around 10:30am, arriving in Boston at 11:55am.

I am just getting all my stuff out, to see what little things I need to buy (I am going to make a CVS run in a short while here before the rain picks up again).

I already received the schedule of duties through December, including assisting at community prayer and Masses, and cooking on Saturdays (Br. John Luong and I are scheduled together for cooking; we have 5 Saturdays to cover for the semester).

Further orientation, including housework chores and the rules of the house, will occur next week.

Important Note:  anyone who wishes to contact me by phone should do so on weekends between 12pm and 9pm Eastern time, at my Skype number: 562-219-2372. The 617 area code numbers you may have are an office number and a number for a disconnected phone that nobody uses :)
 

Love the Immaculata!

No comments: