Friday, May 13, 2011

It is finished!

Final exams are over, and I feel very confident in high marks across the board. Some classes are already determined and the grades published and the last ones I should hear about in the next few days. We studied long and hard until the end here, also preparing for the Seminarian Scholarship Dinner, to be held tomorrow night here at St. Clement's in Boston.

I also concluded my meetings with the psychiatrist/psychological counselor, and spiritual director for the year, preparing for the summer with both. We have a massive Spring Cleaning operation slated for next week before we all take off, and everyone at the house is gearing up for summer work and assignments. The main project at St. Clement's is to re-roof the church, a continuation of work that was begun last summer on other parts of the property.

As for me, I will be returning home until the last Saturday of August. While home, I will be working doing odd jobs in several areas including web design and development, IT support, and academic tutoring. I am open to coach children on violin and viola and provide training for others on any of the above areas - spread the word and refer to my main website: www.pnguyen.net on which I have posted my resume suitable for seeking summer employment at this time. It contains complete contact information for others to reach me.

It has been a truly phenomenal year, and it has been a great blessing to have such a welcoming and vibrant community of Oblates here in Boston, the militant support of prayer warriors here, at home, and everywhere, and maintained contact with family and close friends as I embark on this new journey of seeking to do the Lord's will particularly through preparing for priestly ministry. Many thanks to all of the academic personnel and everyone who has contributed to my vocation and formation through your prayers, sacrifices, and (even silent) approbation of this path.

I am also grateful for the sisterly support of Sr. Teresa, who celebrates her first birthday in religious life today. Happy Birthday!

Finally, on this feast of Our Lady of Fatima, who first appeared to Lucia, Jacinta, and Francisco on this day in 1917 in Portugal, let us charge forth with great vigor bringing the whole world to:
Love the Immaculata!

And let us say with Venerable Fr. Pio Bruno Lanteri, whose 252nd birthday we celebrated yesterday:
Mariam cogita, Mariam invoca

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Paul, it's been great to see you serving Mass at SPC again since you've been home for the summer! I'll offer a prayer for your continued studies and discernment.